Intermediate Full Stack Developer (NodeJs Team)
About the role
Bitcube is a software development agency with a global reach, working on exciting and innovative projects across a wide range of industries. You will be based in either our Cape Town office or at the Bloemfontein HQ together with a team of like-minded developers, UI/UX designers and project managers. You will have a broad scope of projects from across the globe and will have direct exposure to startups from Silicon Valley and London. Flexible working hours means that you can best match up your schedule with times of maximum productivity.
You are a passionate, motivated and hardworking software engineer looking for personal and career growth. You’re willing to go the extra mile in pursuit of excellence. You meet the following requirements:
- You have a B.Sc/B.Com/B.Tech/N.Dip in computer science or information technology.
- You have 2+ years proven and verifiable work experience as a software developer.
- Experience working with Angular 2+ (alternatively React or Vue.js)
- Working knowledge of, or a strong desire to learn NodeJS
- Experience working with relational databases such as MySQL, Postgres or MSSQL – working knowledge of ORM such as Sequelize or TypeOrm beneficial.
- Proficient in the use of software development tools and Git version control
- Ability to create and maintain technical documentation.
- Experience with automated test frameworks is beneficial.
- DevOps experience will count in your favour.
- Researching, designing, implementing and managing software programs
- Testing and evaluating new programs
- Identifying areas for modification in existing programs and subsequently developing these modifications
- Writing and implementing efficient code
- Determining operational practicality
- Developing quality assurance procedures
- Deploying software tools, processes and metrics
- Maintaining and upgrading existing systems
- Training users
- Working closely with other developers, UX designers, business and systems analysts
- Document and maintain software functionality
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing systems
- Actively participate in internal programs and recruitment activities.